And the Universe Answered....

Some time ago, I 'put it out into the Universe' that the next step in my artistic journey would be having my work represented in a gallery.  This was a specific request; I'd had previous experiences (each more horrible than the one before, but we're not talking about those) with galleries, and I vowed never to repeat them.  This time around, I vowed to seek out galleries which were run by artists, knowing that they would 'get it' about how to represent my work.  Last year, the Universe answered, and I now have one local gallery which carries my work, the Triangle Cultural Art Gallery in Raleigh, and another in Frederick, Maryland:  District Arts.  Both are run by artists, and they do 'get it' when it comes to displaying and selling my work.    

District Arts in particular, has been an amazing, eye-opening experience for me; it's a gorgeous new space, created and run by our friends and fellow artists Bill and Staci McLauchlan.  The care with which they've designed the historic building's gallery space is a marvel to see.  District Arts has been recognized for its excellence, and is currently in the running for Best of the Best in the Frederick News Post contest.  If you're so inclined, you can vote for the gallery, here.    

I wrote about the gallery just after the opening in this post and now, 6 months later, District Arts continues to be a wonderful venue for new collectors of my work to find just what they're looking for.  My latest collectors have purchased 9 pieces of my work (!) to furnish their home's entryway.  They were so pleased with their purchases that they sent the image below to the gallery, which Staci shared with me.  I love seeing where my work "lives" after it's purchased, and that they've curated the space with work from different series which coordinate so well! 


And now, to work...my shoulder has healed to the point where I'm comfortable beginning to work again...just in time, since I have a show in Virginia next month!  Photos to come.  Stay tuned.  

Until next time,



Comments