Galleries and Exhibitions and Shows, oh MY!

As the title suggests, I've been very involved with a variety of different creative endeavors since my last post.

In December, I attended the Grand Opening celebration of the Triangle Cultural Art Gallery, which is near my home in Raleigh, NC.  I am among the first 20 artists whose work is being displayed and sold there.  Artist/owner Jason Franklin saw my work during Raleigh's 2018 African American Cultural Art Festival.  He invited me to join him as he embarked upon the journey toward his dream of a multicultural art gallery, and I've sold several pieces since December.
I will have a one-woman show there in August, so stay tuned!

At the Triangle Cultural Art Gallery opening celebration, December 8, 2018


In January, my "Kianga Tile Triptych" was selected for inclusion in North Carolina's prestigious Hillsborough Gallery of Arts exhibit entitled "Resolutions, 2019".  It was exciting to have my work chosen, and even more exciting to see it among the other outstanding work in the show.  I LOVED where it was hung, (don't you just love how the piece directly behind me 'speaks to' mine?) and I enjoyed meeting the artists and members of the Hillsborough Artists Guild at the opening.  (and yes, I did choose my outfit to coordinate with the triptych...doesn't everyone do that?!)



And just last weekend, I attended the Grand Opening celebration of the District Arts gallery in Frederick, Maryland.  The gallery exhibits contemporary art in the historic district of this lovely city, which is the home of artist/owners Bill and Staci McLauchlan.  I met Bill and Staci when we exhibited as artists at the Columbia Festival of the Arts in Columbia, MD.  The brand new gallery is gorgeous and the celebration was elegant and fun.  I am among the 30 artists selected to open the gallery, and I have already sold two pieces. And, as you can see below, Staci and Bill have chosen one of my "Leaf Dance" series bowls for their sign outside the gallery!  So exciting!  






And coming soon will be two new shows for me:  Arts in the Park, in Richmond, VA in early May, and Orange Street ArtsFest, in Wilmington, NC in late May.  More information about those to come, but now, I'm off to create--having work in galleries is great (60 pieces between the two!), but it means I have lots to do to get ready for my own shows (I am definitely NOT complaining; it's a good problem to have).  

Until next time,






Comments