Polymer Clay Daily Featured Artist: Me!

Yesterday morning, I opened my email to a great surprise:  my work was featured on the Polymer Clay Daily blog!  I've been reading Cynthia Tinapple's blog for years; it's the source for information and inspiration for those of us who work in polymer.  My early polymer masks and boxes received mentions years ago, but this is the first time her entire post featured my work.  Here it is, with an image from my November 2015 UNC Hospital show:

Petelinz on PCDaily
North Carolina’s Michelle Davis Petelinz (KindredSpiritStudios) hangs six large mixed-media pieces across a display wall to make a bold statement. Polymer elements add punch, texture and dimension to the shallow painted plates.
Michelle often works in a series, visually exploring the significance of symbols from many cultures. The visual elements strike the viewer as both unusual and familiar, speaking across cultures. Her fusion of art, culture and media can be appreciated in many settings.
See more of her mixed-media series on her site, her blog, Pinterest and Facebook.

It was fun to be "famous" online for a day; I received many compliments on Facebook, lots of pins on Pinterest, gained "likes" on my Kindred Spirit Studios Facebook page (hooray, I'm over 500 now), and a bunch of new views here on the blog.  Thanks to everyone who made yesterday a memorable one! 

Now, back to work.

Comments