ArtFields 2024

Entry #243786

I am honored and excited to have my "Ancestral Stories:  Ancient Artifacts" juried into 2024 ArtFields in Lake City, South Carolina.  Here's the description of the event, from the website:  

"ArtFields started in 2013 with a simple goal:  honor the artists of the Southeast with a week's worth of celebration and competition in the heart of a traditional Southern small town.  The competition and exhibition offers over $145,000 in cash prizes.  The winners of two People's Choice Awards are determined by the votes of people visiting ArtFields; a panel of art professionals selects all the other awards, including the $50,000 Grand Prize and the $25,000 Second Place award.  Up to 400 works of art will be on display in locally-owned venues, from renovated 1920s warehouses and professional art spaces such as Jones-Carter Gallery and TRAX Visual Art Center, to the library, the history museum, the Ronald E. McNair Life History Center, restaurants, boutiques, and other shops.  During ArtFields, what was once one of South Carolina's most prosperous agricultural communities becomes a living art gallery as we recognize, celebrate, and share the artistic talent of the Southeast."

This is SUCH a cool idea; art taking over an entire town for a week.  I'd love to see Raleigh do something similar.  I was thrilled when I received notification last month that my work had been selected.  Earlier this week, I was assigned a location where my work will appear:  Lake City Public Information at 106 E. Main Street.  I've signed the contract, been in touch with the official there, and I am making plans to ship before the April 6th deadline.

Because Lake City is a 3+ hour drive from Raleigh, I've decided to make just one trip, on the last weekend--Saturday, May 3 and Sunday, May 4th.  Of course it would be wonderful to win an award or have a new collector fall in love and purchase my piece, but if not, I will pick it up after ArtFields officially ends on that Sunday.  

If you're in the area, please plan to visit and see the amazing work from artists of the Southeast, and let me know what you think.  

Until next time,



Ancestral Stories:  Ancient Artifacts, 2023



Comments

Expekt said…
I appreciate the effort you put into making your content relatable to diverse audiences.