New Year, New Work, New Video!

 Happy 2021!

I realize it's February, but the year is still young.  January was a fantastic month for me at District Arts Gallery:  two of my largest pieces, "Ancestral Stories: The Gathering" and "Kianga Tile Triptych" were purchased by the same collector!  This is even more amazing when you know that the collector wanted to buy the triptych even before she saw it in person (she was only able to see a photo of it on my artist's brochure)!  At the time, it was displayed in my breakfast nook.  So, Stan and I drove to Richmond, and met Staci and Bill in a mall parking lot, so they could take it back to the gallery for the collector's approval.  I hope to be able to see photos of both pieces in their new home this Spring.  

Ancestral Stories:  The Gathering

Kianga Tile Triptych

Since COVID has canceled shows, I've been accepting more commissions.  During January, I worked on one which I can't show you here, since the collector hasn't seen it yet.  Suffice it to say that it posed several challenges in terms of dimensions, design, and new techniques.  I'll write another post about it once it's been delivered.

I've also designed a new logo for Kindred Spirit Studios.  I love the juxtaposition of the fiber, twigs, paper, and paint as seen in the jumble of paper beads, many of which were used in my Ancestral Stories pieces. 


And so far this month, I've created my very first promotional video for my work, which you can view below.  Let me know what you think.  


I'm looking forward to new commissions, challenges, and sales for this new year.  What's on your list of things to accomplish in 2021?  

Until next time,




Comments