When Life Throws You a Curve, Catch it with Your Right Hand!

This is what my sling looks like,
but this isn't me!  
I'm typing this post today with both hands.  Why is this remarkable, you ask?  Because 17 days ago, due to rotator cuff tears and a bone spur which were causing chronic pain, my left shoulder was operated on.  As a result, my arm is in a restrictive sling.  I'm doing physical therapy twice a week, and looking forward to getting back into my normal routine of creating, displaying and selling my work, teaching, and art consulting.  But for right now, typing with two hands is a major victory, as are many things I didn't consider difficult until I had to do them with the full use of only one arm.  Try putting on a bra, eating a sloppy sandwich, or fastening your passenger side seat belt with just your right hand around a major obstruction, and you'll see what I mean.


Before the surgery, we were very busy with Spring shows in Richmond, VA, Wilmington, NC, and Columbia MD.  The collage below shows some of the work I produced for this round of shows, and our Richmond booth set up.  As always, we enjoyed meeting our new collectors, and endured the vagaries of Spring weather (torrential rains in Richmond, blazing hot temperatures in Wilmington, and perfect weather in Columbia).  


So, as the title says, I'm catching life's curves with my right hand and increasingly, my left...stay tuned to see how recuperation goes, and my first forays back into the studio.  I have two more shows to do; one at the end of August, and one in October...wish me luck!

Until next time,





Comments

Penny L Weaver said…
So happy that your recovery is going well! Beautiful images, and always looking forward to your latest creative discoveries 🙂