Back in the Studio: Hot Glue Stamp Experiments, part two

The experimentation continues.  I've now used wood and MDF (medium density fiberboard) scraps, both bare and gesso-covered (there wasn't a big difference between the two, although the gesso made it easier to see my pencil marks).  For this new group, I drew designs onto the surface, then followed the lines with hot glue.  As I've found with designing other kinds of stamps, the larger the stamp, the more difficult it is to obtain a full impression.  But, for this purpose, that's okay since I'm going for a more organic vs. geometrically precise look.

Gessoed MDF 5"x5" panel:  too ambitious a design for hot glue?   Turns out it was, but with a few modifications, it worked pretty well.
As Stan and I always say, we never throw anything potentially useful away, so I'm using wood scraps which were left over from when Stan built the studios 8 years ago!
The collection grows.  These stamps are pretty durable; once the glue hardens, it's very easy to clean, using hand sanitizer.  And, because the glue sits up on the surface, any paint which is on the base won't transfer to the printing plate--bonus!
Golden Liquid Acrylic prints, with two or more colors on the same plate on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  Speaking of paper, if you're going to try this, and you're working with a Gelli plate, pre-cutting the paper to the size of your plate saves a ton of time.

Time for part three...stay tuned!