Reclamation project: Complete!

It took several days of intense work to complete this pedestal.  We were hosting a studio visit 5 days after I began it, and I'm proud to say I finished it the morning visitors were to arrive.  Working on a self-imposed deadline is sometimes invigorating, and this piece came together fairly easily, despite it being a 'do over'.  My design idea was to feature a variety of African textile print motifs, using a limited, Earth toned palette.  Here's the completed pedestal, with my friend Gaff Pearce's beautiful ceramic piece on top. 










And, here are the other three sides:


This was just the project to get me back into the flow of designing and painting...good thing, since I've been invited back to the Columbia Festival of the Arts in Columbia, Maryland in June.  Time to get to work!

Comments