Nope, no resolutions!

If you know me, you know I'm not one for New Year's resolutions.  Never have been.  When everyone else is resolving to do and be better things in the coming year, I'm not.  It's not that I don't strive to do and be better; I just don't do it publicly, or with a year's goal in mind.  I've always hated the "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" question...the answer isn't something I spend time pondering.  Although I am a planner, I'm also an 'in the moment' person...a contradiction?  Perhaps.

Anyway, 2014 has dawned, and I'm still at that crossroads mentioned in my last post.  My time and energies have recently been devoted to teaching my art classes.  My own work has taken a backseat.  I do love teaching, both children and adults with disabilities, and I've contemplated launching a blog about that.  But, I realize this would add yet another task that I don't want or need to take on.  So, I've added a widget to this blog, which shows a number of my art class projects which I've pinned to Pinterest.  Please feel free to explore them; there's some fun work there (especially the found object sculpture tissue box monsters!).  I'm about to begin more 6-week sessions with the adults and with the kids, and will from time to time document the projects here and on Pinterest.

So for now, I'm figuring out the next steps with my work, while keeping creatively busy. 

What else will 2014 bring?

Who knows, but I'm excited to find out!

Stay tuned. 

Comments