Exciting News: Accepted!

I just received email notification that two of my wall hangings:  Imani, Talisman of Faith, and Tribal Vibe have been accepted into the Delta Arts Center 2014 Invitational exhibition!  Located in Winston-Salem, the Center's mission is to: 
"enrich the lives of neighborhood and area residents by stimulating interest throughout the entire community in American arts and humanities, with emphasis on the contributions of African-Americans; to increase awareness and knowledge of the contributions of African-Americans to the arts and humanities in America and build pride in these contributions; to encourage individual creativity; and to provide quality cultural and educational programming for the entire community."


The 2014 Invitational exhibition runs from February 4 through April 28, and the opening reception is the evening of February 6. 

I'm excited to have my work included in the exhibition, which includes the work of 30 artists from all over the state of North Carolina.  Thanks go to my dear friend Joyce Finley Stamps, who encouraged me to submit my work...Joyce and I are longtime art collaborators, having produced Festival Noir in Boston for over 12 years.  Joyce is also a renowned expert in Black dolls and doll collecting, and is a sought-after speaker on the topic.  A description of a recent exhibit she curated is here

I will deliver my pieces to the Arts Center next week, and will hopefully get a sneak peek at some of the other work. And, I'm hopeful that I will be able to attend the opening, and if I do, I will of course, post photos!

Imani, Talisman of Faith, ©2012 Michelle Davis Petelinz

Tribal Vibe, ©2011 Michelle Davis Petelinz
 

Comments