4.18.2013

When we last left our story....

I was working on experiments with mudcloth. There were some notable successes, a few epic fails (as my son would say), and through it all, I've arrived at a way to adapt what I've learned into my work.  Here is a shot of five new pieces in my Talisman Series. The center one measures 5"w x 38" l, and the others are all 5"w x 24" l.  Each combines acrylic paint and polymer, with some of my original stamp designs, polymer beads inspired by Venetian glass trade beads, and metallic inks.   They've been a challenge; one of the many I set myself to develop new imagery and products for my upcoming show season.  There'll be more to come, so stay tuned....


2013 Wall of Talismans
 

2 comments:

~debbie turner altman said...

Very nice, Michelle, I love the direction your work is taking.

Michelle said...

Thanks so much, Debbie.