Fun with Workshops and Classes

This week has been fun. I've been involved in a variety of creative events, and it's not over yet. 

My Painted Paper Collage workshop at Jerry's Artarama was a blast. We laughed a lot, learned a lot, and made some beautiful papers for fantastic collages.  Thanks to Maria and Janice, who had fun using the Gelli Arts Printing Plate for the first time (funny how when you bring out the Gelli Plate, no one wants to even hear about other techniques!).  Below are just some of the papers they created.

Gelli Arts mono prints
The next day, I had a painting class with my 3-to 5-year old "Petite Picassos".  Eight little girls listened to the story of "Hungry Monsters ABC," then eagerly put smocks on over their cute little dresses, (including one purple and teal tutu skirt!) to get ready to paint at the easels.  See some of the "Friendly Monster" paintings below.  This is just the first part of the project; next week, we'll add some 'monster-y' details like eyes, claws, horns and legs...photos to come once they're done. 

Petite Picassos hard at work
And tonight, I'll attend the opening of an art show at Marbles Kids Museum.  No, it's not my own art, nor from my Playdate Artist workshop I did back in March.  This is a very special show, and I was honored to have been asked to play a role in the creation of some of the work which will be exhibited.  Details to come in my next post.

Stay tuned....

Comments