New Work, New Opportunities

Tribal Vibe II, 18-inch bamboo wall hanging
wood, polymer, acrylic
$300
Happy Thanksgiving! 
I'm thankful that I've been very busy in the studio, creating new work for my January show of wall hangings, and Tribal Vibe II is the latest.  Central to the design is a 6-inch wood plaque I've had in my studio for about 3 years (!), but never knew what to use it for.  The polymer characters are of my own design, made to suggest an ancient visual language.  There will be at least one more in this series, using the same central, raised surface.  I'm intrigued by the possibilities it provides.

Next week, my work will be part of Raleigh's First Friday celebration.  During this one night holiday venue, I'll display and sell work with my dear friend and Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild founder, Jeanne Rhea.  We haven't thought of a name for our First Friday exhibit, but I think our art will look great together.  

Here are the details: 
Date:  Friday, December 3, 2010
Address:  Patina Collaborative, 300 Blake Street, City Market, downtown Raleigh (down the street from VAE)

Ink Painting by Jeanne Rhea
Time:  5:00 to 11:00

Come celebrate with us, do some holiday shopping and raise a glass to the festive season and the love of art!

See you there!

Comments

Millwork Parma said…
Appreciate you bblogging this