2011 Exhibit News!

Water II, The Elements Series
Kaleidoscope, Free Spirit Series
Sinuous Rhythm I
I'm proud to announce that 25 of my bamboo bowl wall hangings were accepted for a monthlong show in January!  I answered a call for artists from Raleigh's Sertoma Arts Center last month, and received the acceptance and show dates this week.  I'm very familiar with the Arts Center because Jordan had his very first photograph exhibited there two years ago, as part of an amateur photography show.  And, the room where my work will be hung is the same room where I take Nia classes each week.  It'll be fun to see it as I'm dancing.  In fact, one of the reasons I decided to apply to do the show was because of a comment one of my fellow Nia dancers made--thanks, Janey!

This will be the first solo show of my work outside of a juried art festival, and I'm excited.  I will be creating at least two new bamboo bowls for the show, entitled 'Elemental Spirit Rhythms'; which is a takeoff on the various series of bowls I've done.  I'm hoping to have an opening on Sunday, January 9th, and the show will run through the 28th, so if you're in the area, please mark your calendar and plan to stop by.  Details and formal invitations to come.

Now, it's time to get to work!  January will be here soon.

Comments