My Birthday Wish...Can You Help?

In a 2007 post, I wrote about the Camfed USA Foundation, the organization which assists girls in rural Africa through donations which provide shoes and uniforms so they may attend school. Founder Ann Cotton's vision is:  "An Africa where poverty is no longer a barrier to education, and where education opens the doors of health, prosperity and possibility to all children."

I've supported Camfed since 2006, when I donated for the first time on my 50th birthday. 

This year, to celebrate my birthday (on September 8th), I've created a "Birthday Wish" page through Camfed on Facebook.  I'm hoping my Facebook friends, Kindred Spirit Studios fans, and Artventuring blog readers will visit the page and donate whatever they can to this very important cause. 
From Camfed:  "Girls in rural Africa are looking forward to going back to school. But many are unable to afford even $10 worth of supplies and will be forced to drop out of school. At Camfed, we work to solve this problem by providing girls from poor families with scholarships, which include uniforms, pencils, books and more.

During our donor match, when you recruit 20 friends to our cause, you’ll provide a girl in Africa with school supplies (notepads, pens and pencils) for a full year!"
Camfed has supported 500,948 girls and vulnerable boys through school, taught 10,329 young women basic economic skills and helped 6,084 young women launch small businesses. Our work has also started a local philanthropic movement: Cama members have helped 118,384 children go to school.
If you'd like more information about Camfed, please visit their website.

And thanks in advance for helping in whatever way you can.

Comments