New Work in Search of a Title

Here is my latest work, just finished today:  an 18-inch bamboo bowl wall hanging painted with Interactive Acrylics on both the base and the papers.  Each circle is cut from paper and placed upon the painted surface, and all of the lines, swirls and African symbol-inspired plant shapes are cut separately (no, I don't use a pattern, it's all hand cut) and decoupaged to the surface.  Though you probably can't see it in the photo, there is metallic blue ink outlining the central blue shape. 

 Small Worlds 5:  Undersea Greens
10"x16" mirror

 This piece was a challenge; new designs often are for me.  I wanted to combine the paper circle collage "Small Worlds" elements of my Quilt Inspired Mirrors with gradations of color on a bamboo bowl wall hanging. I'm not altogether satisfied with the way this one turned out, which means I will end up doing another to solve the problems (which sometimes only I can see, I realize!) of this one.

I'm at a loss for a title...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

Jodi Ohl said…
How about-Entwined. Your new pieces is lovely, not sure why you aren't happy with it. I think we are our own worst critics. Hope you find a suggestion for a name you are happy with :)
Kathi said…
How about Serengeti Sunset?
Jeanne Rhea said…
I like Serengeti Sunset, but the first elements that I noticed reminded me of yin-yang. Very nice piece and yes, only you are probably seeing the problems that you want to work on!
Michelle said…
Jodi: I like 'Entwined'! I wouldn't have thought of it, but I think it works. Thanks so much.

Kathi: 'Serengeti Sunset' is beautiful, and I think it will fit another piece I've had in the back of my mind, so thanks for the suggestion, and the nudge to do that one!

Jeanne: Yes, the yin/yang thing was part of my original intent, but I didn't want to do it the way its usually seen. And yes, I know I'm my worst critic, and I'm trying to work on that!

Thanks for the helpful comments, ladies. :)
Frank Zweegers said…
Cool bowl and handmade, wow :) I like the Serengeti Sunset name the most.