Featured Artist: Moye

I met Moye at Festival in the Park in Charlotte, when she visited my booth and complimented my work. We've traded emails since, and she has graciously agreed to be this week's Featured Artist.
Thank you, Moye!

1. What is your art form?

My art form is photographic art. I merge graphics and words with some of my images as well. Whatever I am feeling at the moment.

2. What inspires you?

My growth and the growth of others inspires me the most. The emotions we exhibit, the energy and passion that surrounds us is the motor I run off of.

3. When did you decide to pursue art, or did art pursue you?

I was born of art. It is all that my eyes seem to see, all that my body can feel and knows. It is truly apart of my being. I have always been involved in the arts in some way. Photography began to consume my space around middle school.

4. How do you sell your work?

I am just now getting into selling art prints. My business is majority a service based business. I want to get more involved with selling my work for home and office decor. I have a few art prints available via my website at the present time. When I have events, I have art posters available for purchase.
5. Do you title your work? If so, how do you decide upon titles?

I do not often title my work. For me many times it takes away from that ethereal feeling you get from art. Plus, many times when I produce art, there are no words in the human language that can describe what I am feeling and what I know at that moment. Other times, which is very seldom for me, I feel as though a title can be beneficial when trying to get a particular point across or making a very direct statement.

6. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?

If I were not an artist. I believe I would be a psychologist or involved in the study of quantum physics. I love the the complexity and simplicity of the human mind; what moves us, drives us, binds us, sets us free, and the realm of what we have yet to discover in our minds.

7. What other jobs have you had which have aided you on your artistic path?

For a few years I worked at a photography company that services a lot of day cares and youth sports events. I was fortunate to have a company that in many ways, sometimes directly and other times not so directly, showed me how to run a business. I learned and observed how to work with various clients, office set up, the demand that can be upon you at times, how to come out of my shyness when dealing with people, and a lot about editing programs. The art is in me, but I needed to learn how to make that profitable for me in a business format.

8. At the art supply store, which section do you go to first?

The framing and paint section. For me, framing and matting adds such a complete feel to the work. As for the paint section, I just love the colors and options available.

9. What new technique or art form would you like to learn? Do you have plans to do so?

I would like to learn more about pinhole cameras and techniques. I have seen some very interesting photographs done with pinhole cameras. I experimented a few times in high school with a pinhole camera we had to make for class.

10. Where do you want your work to be a year from now?

A year from now I would like for my work to have greater exposure in the west and midwest regions. I am working on that right now.

11. What advice have you received which has helped you the most?

Stay true to your craft and your vision, the rest will come.

12. If you could do anything, and knew you could not fail, what would you choose to do?

Keep traveling this road of personal growth and enlightenment that will never fail.
Smile.
Thank you for your time.

Comments