Circa Gallery





Yesterday, I took a lovely drive, thoroughly enjoyed seeing the beautiful fall leaves, considered new color combinations for my work, and delivered 14 pieces to Circa Gallery in Asheboro, NC. Opened in June of this year, the gallery showcases the work of 'local, regional and established artists' in a converted mill building in the business district of Asheboro. Owners Amy Keith Barney and Mandy Sloan have done a great job with the space, and the work is displayed well. They also loved the pieces I brought, which included 3 bamboo wall hangings, 3 clocks, 2 mirrors and 6 boxes--I can't wait to see how they'll integrate them into the gallery. I hope they'll send photos, so I can post them here.
Our consignment contract is for 6 months, and I'm hopeful their holiday events and promotions will result in sales. After two disastrous consignment experiences with galleries in the past, I was hesitant to embark upon another, but I have a good feeling about Circa Gallery. We'll see how it all turns out...stay tuned.

Comments