Show Preparation Mode



'Just a brief post today. I'm in show preparation mode, since Art & Soul of South End in Charlotte is this weekend. Please say a quick prayer for better weather than what I've seen in forecasts so far. This is our first show of the season, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm also concerned about what I've been hearing from other artists about the low turnouts and even lower sales in shows they've done so far this year. Of course, eveyone's concerned about the ridiculously high gas prices and how they've affected just about everything else we do or don't do. I'm hoping the turnout will be at least as good as it was last year. The potential is there, since Charlotte's new light rail system is now in service, with stops actually on the street of the show (so no high gas price excuse for city-dwellers!). I'm also hoping that my customers are ones who will be able to appreciate and buy my work regardless of the economic climate (a girl can dream, can't she?!). We'll see what happens.

I have to say that the experience of Art & Soul will color my thoughts about the shows still to come for us this year. We had discussed not doing shows at all, given the way the economy's going, but I thought at the time I couldn't afford not to. Again, we'll see whether that's the way we think it best to go after this weekend.

So, if you're in the area, please stop by and say hi. If you mention you read Artventuring, you'll get a 20% discount on your purchase--see you there!

Comments