It's that time again, time to clean house literally and figuratively with the onset of Spring. Here's my list of things it's high time to get rid of:
1. Any piece of clothing you haven't worn in 2 years or more. Face it, you're not going to wear it. Give it away to someone who could use it, and look at it as a Shopping Opportunity!
2. Shoes which are really comfortable, and look that way. You know, the ones you've had since your children were toddlers...and they're now in high school? Yup, those are the ones...throw them OUT! Note: another Shopping Opportunity presents itself here, too!
3. At least half of what's in the kitchen "junk drawer". We all have one--take a look; I'm sure there's lots to get rid of. Who needs 400 twist ties, anyway?!
4. Plants which can't be revived, no matter what you do. Admit failure. Start over; it's Spring, after all...time for plants to grow, not droop.
5. Threadbare towels, washcloths, etc. It's time to get rid of them, or recycle them into cleaning cloths, which is the 'greener' solution. I'm told they make good dog beds, too.
6. Excess plastic bags from the supermarket. I know we're all supposed to be carrying our stylish, empty fabric bags into the store, and greenly carrying them out full of healthful foods, but if you're like me, you forget more than you remember. The resultant plastic bags pile up, and threaten to overtake the under sink area...take them back to the store for recycling--and don't forget the fabric bag for those few items you'll pick up while you're there!
7. Fingernail polishes which no longer move when you tilt the bottle. 'Nuff said about that.
8. Any make up brush which you can't recall purchasing. If it's been that long, it's got to go...they're supposed to be soft on your face, not prickly!
9. Magazines from years which begin with '1'. Something else to recycle--you'll be glad you did.
10. Telephone books. Who uses them nowadays, anyway?! But, in my area, they just keep delivering them. So much so, there are entire recycling locations devoted to just phone books--what a waste.
11. Whatever's cluttering up your car. Now, as a Virgo, I don't have clutter in my car, but if I did, now would be the time to get rid of it.
12. Paid bills, statements, etc. Get a shredder, and use it. Keeping all that paper forever is a pain, and not necessary, especially in the age of online payments and records.
13. All of those impulse-purchase food items in the fridge. No, you'll never use that boysenberry chutney you got, thinking blintzes would be a fun idea for a brunch, trust me. You won't.
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? List Thirteen things to make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Join in here: Thursday Thirteen.