Focus


"Focus" is to be my watchword this year. I know I need to do it, I know how to do it (at least I think I do), so now I have to just get on with it.

First, some updates:
This week I'll be sending off my CD of masks to Sarajane Helm, fellow polymer clay artist and author, for possible inclusion in her upcoming book, "The Art of Polymer Clay Masks". She's already begun photographing her hown collection of masks, but the deadline is next week, so I hope mine will be considered...and chosen! Details when I know more.

My work was not accepted for inclusion in the 22nd International Juried Show at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. Of course, there's no explanation for why it wasn't chosen, which is frustrating, but a fact of life when your application goes into what feels like a black hole.

I have heard nothing in reply to the letter I sent to the local historic foundation where I participated in a holiday show in November. 'Not sure about when to follow up--I think I will give it another couple of weeks; since I know this would be a good venue for an exhibition of my work.

And, I need to get back into writing mode. I understand that Polymer Cafe Magazine is actively looking for submissions....

So, on to focusing on the new, positive things to come.

What are you focusing on this year?

Comments

Kris Cahill said…
Hi Michelle,
I found you through Art Bloggers and I also have an Etsy shop. Nice blog, I like your end of the year into the beginning of the new year posts.

This year I am focusing on being more playful while painting, having more fun with it! I am also sharpening my marketing skills.