Commissions and exhibitions

Here is a quick photo (sorry about the lack of detail in the center...was the best I could do in natural light) of the completed commissioned piece from last month's local show. The gentleman who ordered it wanted one exactly like 'Tafiti' below, but specified the color scheme he wanted: black and gold. It was challenging to recreate the mask using such a limited palette, and I think it came out well, even though it isn't "exactly" like the one he saw. I hope he'll be pleased...I'm planning to hand deliver it to him tomorrow.

In other news: I received word from the organizers of Artisphere, in Greenville, SC that my work was not chosen for inclusion in their show. There were 423 artists who applied, and they chose only 100. I may keep it on my list for 2009, since it's a well-regarded show.

And, this Friday, if I get a phone call from New Jersey, it will be notification that the two Ancestresses I submitted to the jury of the International Juried Show of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey made it through the first round of jurying. Keeping fingers crossed--this was my first submission to an exhibition.

Still to come: getting organized for next year's events, getting back to writing articles for possible submission to magazines, and submitting masks on CD for consideration to the authors of a new book on polymer clay masks--deadline: January 15th. Oh yes, and finishing Christmas shopping and wrapping...gotta go!

Comments