Thanks to samulli for the TT header graphic
13 Things I Won't Be Doing (Thanksgiving Edition)
1. Cooking or eating turnips--in my family, we call them 'turn up your nose(s)'!
2. Serving full berry cranberry sauce--'gotta have that can-shaped "sauce"
3. Missing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade--some traditions must be honored
4. Missing pro football later in the day--ditto on #3's reason
5. Going to bed early so I can get up to shop--see below
6. Getting up at 4:00 to be at a 5:00am sale
7. Getting up at 5:00 to be first at the 6:00am sale
8. Getting up at 6:00 to be right there at the front of the line for the 7:00am sale
9. Participating in "Black Friday" frenzy at all--definitely for amateur shoppers; we veteran shoppers don't do 'doorbusters'!
10. Putting up Christmas decorations tomorrow--what, so I can have a dead tree on Christmas day? No thanks.
11. Serving cleverly disguised turkey leftovers all week--well, maybe a turkey calzone or two...
12. Making turkey soup--well, maybe next week...
13. Forgetting to count my blessings--I'm thankful for many things, and not on just one designated day of the year...Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and Happy TT
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Join in here: Thursday Thirteen.