Thursday Thirteen #5: Animal Cliches
2. My dogs are barking--after a long day of shopping that's for sure!
3. Looking like the cat who swallowed the canary--do cats actually do that?!
4. Nervous as a long tailed cat in a living room full of rockers--I don't think they mean Mick
Jagger types...or do they?
5. In a pig's eye--not sure where this one comes from...anyone know?
6. Got a frog in your throat?--sore throats are scratchy and painful, but a frog?!
7. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush--yes, but who wants a bird in the hand?
8. Naked as a jaybird--but aren't all birds naked? Why single out the poor jaybird?!
9. Knee-high to a grasshopper--just how short is that?
10. The bee's knees--an old one, but how did this become an expression of coolness?
11. Let's talk turkey--unless it's Thanksgiving, I'm not interested!
12. Clean as a hound's tooth--and just how clean is that?
13. A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle--I've always loved this one!
Happy TT everyone!
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!