Worldwide Women Artists Online

While artventuring recently, instead of focusing on the mountain of product which needs to get created and finished before the end of this month to take to Capital Jazz Festival, I came across this wonderful site: Worldwide Women Artists Online. Described as "An international collective of women artists showing and selling our original art through the worldwide web," it includes an Artists page, Blog, and Yahoo group. I applied for membership, provided my web URL, blog address, and a statement about why I wished to join their group. I was told there'd be a poll for current members to vote on my work. After waiting about 5 days, I received the news yesterday; my work has been accepted. I've received many welcome emails, and so far it's been a positive, affirming experience. I hope some of my fellow WWAO members will agree to become Featured Artists here, but until then, here are some of my favorite images:"Profusion" by Lynda Lehmann; Swirl Fused Glass Pendant by Lis Kidder; Mosaic Texture Eye by Michelle Collins; Orange Flower by Madelaine Federowich; and Peacock Feather Raku Vase by Anne Webb.

Beautiful work, and I'm proud to be included among these dynamic women artists. When my link gets posted to the main site, I'll post it here. Now, back to my own work!

Comments