Encouraging Director

I just learned I'm an "Encouraging Director," and it seems right. I took the online Personal DNA Test, which interestingly revealed my "true self". Here are some comments from the report:

As a DIRECTOR, you combine an unusual openness and passion for beauty and style with confidence and a down-to-earth sensibility that allow you to realize your vision. You have a highly developed sense of taste – you know what looks good on you, in your home, and in the world at large.

I'd say that's true, and that's why I'm an artist, creating functional and beautiful pieces for the world at large. Nice to know my personality matches what I've chosen to do!

The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

I think this is a nice way of saying I've always been a sort of a control freak, true to my Virgoan nature. I believe this is what has given me the ability to envision what I want to do and figure out how to get there (usually).

Your outgoing nature, understanding of others, and directness make you ENCOURAGING. You want others to do well for themselves, and you generally believe in their abilities. You often know what's good for people because of your caring nature and your worldview.

This feels right, too, though I acknowledge being judgmental at times--knowing what's good for people can turn into judgment. I'm working on that, especially trying not to voice those judgments of others!

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

Virgo-thing again, plus growing up with parents who were very methodical planners--virtually NO chance of being spontaneous here, though I do try! I find being a planner helps with my work; I usually have a good sense of what needs to be done when, and stick to that. Very helpful at times like now; having to get ready for shows.

So, I'm an Encouraging Director; good listener, good friend, planner, executor, appreciator of beauty and style in the world. Yes, that's me. If you'd like to find out if your 'Personal DNA' matches you, take the test yourself, here: Personal DNA. You'll also get a visual representation of your results, plus full explanations of what it means. Mine is the colorful bar at left.

'Time to get back to work. We're leaving for Charlotte tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to Art and Soul of South End; the weather forecast looks great, and my new work does, too (here's a peek at one of the new clocks). My Najah, Ancestress of of Success was chosen by the organizers to appear on the show website (a good omen, I think!) and I'm hopeful it 'll be a fun and profitable weekend. Full report to come next week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Michelle, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck this weekend at your show in Charlotte. You sound prepared, your work looks good, and you should do really well. Please do update after the show to let us know how things are going. I'm going to put a link to your blog in my post today and add you to my links page. Best wishes, Cat