When we last left our story....

It was March, and the Your Creative Connection retreat had just ended.  Stan and I were still reeling from the fire in our home the previous month, and we were unhappily adjusting to life in a 2-bedroom apartment (living below a family of 5 with 2 dogs and kids with active, heavy feet was NOT fun).  As I mentioned in a previous post, we are fortunate to have outstanding insurance (again, Erie Insurance--I highly recommend them!), for what turned out to be a long haul of demolition, cleanup, rebuilding, and refurnishing of our home.  The grand return happened on September 30th, even though everything wasn't fully completed inside the house.  The furnishings which survived the fire and were stored at the restoration company arrived on October 6th, and 'everything else' was delivered in 288 boxes the following day.  Yes, you read that correctly:  288 boxes, and that doesn't include the almost 50 pieces from our collection of art which were wrapped and boxed, and the 30 pieces of framed art which were delivered the following week from the art restoration facility.  We are still unpacking, sorting, rearranging, and deciding what to donate, sell, or discard, but I can proudly report that we have opened every box as of last weekend!  Putting my studio back together has been a challenge, but it has allowed me to reassess my supplies, and make some different decisions about things to keep.  Since the pandemic, I have neither been teaching nor doing any art consulting work, so now that my studio space is in workable condition, I will be able to finally get back to creating.  It has been a very long 9 months--I joked with an artist friend that I feel like I should begin with coloring books to get my creative mojo back!  I won't, but getting back into the creative mindset will take awhile, I imagine.

A New Endeavor
Just launched today is the website WellesleyMade:  http://wellesleymade.com, which is a showcase of the "passion projects of our creative minds:  the artists, inspired self-starters, and wunderkinds of small business from among the Wellesley College and alumnae community."  I'm pleased to be a part of this new venture!  Check out the art section here: http://wellesleymade.com/art, and let me know what you think.  I chose one of my favorite pieces to represent my work--longtime Artventuring readers will recognize it as one of my Radiant Spiral series (this is number 13).  


So, as I begin this new chapter in my creative journey, I renew my commitment to sharing some of it with you, dear readers.  Stay well, stay safe, wash your hands, and WEAR YOUR MASK.

~Michelle

Comments