Art Activism: Postcards to Voters

One way I'm easing back into the creative mode is by participating in some art activism.  I've sent Postcards to Voters during the last two presidential elections.  Now, I'm creating postcards to send to voters in Georgia for the very important runoff election for the two Senate seats, and a seat on the Georgia Public Service Commission. I enjoy using my creative talent to advance candidates who share my values.  And, although they're not quite coloring books (see comment made in my last post), they are an easy way to tap into that creative mojo I'll need to get back into my work.  

Creating postcards. Thanks to Kay Nicolls
and Penny Weaver for the card and mug! 


If you'd also like to participate in sending Postcards to Voters, visit the site, and follow the simple instructions.  You choose the number of cards you'd like to send, and can either create your own cards as I do, or purchase them from artists (Etsy is a good source, especially in this time when supporting entrepreneurs is so important). Postcards to Voters gives you the text to include, along with the addresses.  You're responsible for completing the cards in the time allotted (usually about 5 days), and paying for postage.  Once you're signed up, you can request additional addresses via your cell phone.  Drop me a comment below if you decide to do it, and let me know how it goes.

Until next time,

~Michelle



Comments