2020: And the hits just keep on coming....

When we last left my story, I was working on a reclamation project canvas, and beginning to think about creating new work for my Spring and Summer shows.  Fast forward to today, and I'm not even in my home or studio, my Spring shows have been canceled, and all of us are dealing with the COVID-19 virus and its disruptions of our daily lives.  Add to that:  three weeks ago, our home burned.  Luckily, although my husband and I were both home, no one was hurt, and I was able to save our cat Sienna.  The water and smoke damage were extensive, and we will be displaced for at least 6 months while the total renovation of our home (inside and out) is completed.  My work was not affected by the fire, but the smoke damage is being dealt with by an art restoration company provided by our insurance company (Erie Insurance:  I highly recommend them).  So, we are in an apartment, I have few art supplies, and even less desire to create, even though we're self-quarantined due to the virus.

The one bright spot in all of this was that my partner Penny Arrowood and I were able to hold our Your Creative Connection Seaside Sessions Spring retreat on Ocean Isle Beach last week.  It was a wonderful, artful time, with creative women who explored, shared, learned, and laughed through the 3-day event.  It was just what I needed to escape the fire's aftermath for a little while.

Here is a link to our first blog post about the event (there'll be two more posts about the two full days of instruction, so stay tuned).



www.yourcreativeconnectioninc.com/blog/2020/3/18/recap-a-look-at-seaside-sessions-spring-2020-pt-1-of-3.

Enjoy!


Comments

Penny L Weaver said…
I am so glad that we had this wonderful event and that it allowed you to step away, albeit only briefly, from the mayhem of the fire and its aftermath. I am so grateful that you, Stan, and Sienna are safe. Thankful too to call you my friend, and ever-so-lucky to have your creative partnership. <3 <3 <3